Name: Sufrate Ssd Cream
Manufacturer: Eskag Pharma Pvt Ltd
MRP: Rs. 90.00
Unit Price: Rs. 2.57
Package Price: Rs. 90.00 (Qty.: 1)
Package Form: tube
Medicine Form: GM of cream
What is Sufrate Ssd?
Sufrate Ssd is a medicine used for treatment of ulcers and blisters. It is available in the form of a cream which can be used for oral ingestion as well as external application.
Composition of Sufrate Ssd:
Sufrate Ssd consists of the following active ingredients:
- Silver Sulfadiazine
- Chlorhexidine Gluconate
There are other inactive ingredients that are also part of Sufrate Ssd cream and help the active ingredients to exert their medicinal action.
What is Sufrate Ssd Used For?
The therapeutic indications of Sufrate Ssd are mentioned below:
- Gum ulcers
- Tongue blisters
- Stomach ulcers
- Skin ulcers
- Skin burns
- Epithelial wounds
Apart from the above mentioned diagnoses, Sufrate Ssd could be indicated for treatment in other health conditions as well.
Side Effects of Sufrate Ssd:
Sufrate Ssd has good healing power over ulcers, blisters and other disorders which leave skin and mucosa raw. But overuse or wrong use of the drug could lead to some side effects which have been mentioned below:
- Dryness of mouth and throat
- Digestive troubles
- Altered stool habits
- Loss of appetite
- Bitter after taste
Patients could experience these or other side effects after using Sufrate Ssd cream.
Precautions for Sufrate Ssd Consumption:
Sufrate Ssd consists of ingredients which have capability to heal broken and ulcerated skin and mucosal lining. The medicine should be used when indicated and in the prescribed manner only. Some important points to be remembered while using Sufrate Ssd are mentioned below:
- Patients who use Sufrate Ssd for oral ingestion should take care not to consume it along with alcohol, fruit juices or any other drink. Only plain water may be used along with the cream.
- Sufrate Ssd is not meant for use of children, unless it has been advised by a pediatrician.
- Sufrate Ssd should not come in contact with the eyes as it may lead to burning and irritation.
- Patients who develop unpleasant symptoms like itching, rash and redness of the skin after applying Sufrate Ssd should stop using the cream immediately.
- Sufrate Ssd should not be used to treat wounds that are infected or extending very deep.
- Patients should take care to avoid eating or drinking anything for about an hour after Sufrate Ssd cream has been consumed.
Following the above mentioned instructions will help in allowing Sufrate Ssd to act completely and make the patient recover as early as possible.
Sufrate Ssd Alternatives:
Information about other drugs having similar composition and drug action as Sufrate Ssd is not available.
Sufrate Ssd FAQs:
- How does Sufrate Ssd help in treating ulcers?
Sufrate Ssd lines the ulcerated and raw skin or mucosa and forms a protective layer. This layer disconnects any external exposure to the ulcerated skin/mucosa, thus allowing it to heal without any obstacles.
- What should be done if a dose of Sufrate Ssd is missed?
If a dose of Sufrate Ssd is missed, it must be taken as soon as patients remember. But if it is nearly time for the next dose till then, the missed dose should be skipped. It is inadvisable to take a double dose of Sufrate Ssd.