Name: Ovel 500mg Tablet
Manufacturer: Leo Pharmaceuticals
MRP: Rs. 85.62
Unit Price: Rs. 17.12
Package Price: Rs. 85.62 (Qty.: 5)
Package Form: strip
Medicine Form: tablet
What is Ovel?
Ovel is an oral antibiotic which is used for treatment of several types of systemic bacterial infections. The tablet is meant for oral consumption and should not be used as an external application.
Composition of Ovel:
The active ingredient of Ovel is Levofloxacin which is a potent antibiotic. Levofloxacin acts via the medium of inactive ingredients which do not interfere with the drug action.
What is Ovel Used For?
The therapeutic indications of Ovel are as follows:
- Infectious dermatitis
- Otitis Media
Apart from this, Ovel could be prescribed for other health conditions as well. However, it should not be taken without a physician's prescription.
Side Effects of Ovel:
The following side effects may be experienced by patients who are on a course of Ovel:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Irritation of the throat
- Bitter taste in the mouth
- Body pain
- Muscular pain
Apart from this, patients could report other symptoms of discomfort as well. Patients should report these symptoms to their doctor and seek immediate treatment in order to avoid further health complications.
Precautions for Ovel Consumption:
Given below are a few instructions for patients who are taking a course of Ovel. Following these instructions will help in avoiding harmful drug reactions. These instructions are as follows:
- Ovel should be taken only when prescribed by a physician. Dose of the anti-biotic should be maintained as per the physician's prescription.
- Ovel tablet will help in treating only bacterial infections and not infections of any other origin.
- Ovel tends to cause acidity as a side effect, therefore patients should see to it that they consume some light and nutritious food item before taking the medicine.
- If Ovel has been prescribed to children, the dose has to be strictly maintained as per the pediatrician's instructions only.
- Ovel tablet should be swallowed whole with water to maximize its medicinal effect. It should not be chewed, crushed or broken.
Apart from these, if doctors provide any other instructions about using Ovel, they must be followed as well.
Given below is a list of medicines which resemble Ovel in drug composition and therapeutic action:
- Day 5 Tablet
- Lotor Tablet
- Levollect Tablet
- Zilee Tablet
Either of these tablets may be used in place of Ovel. But this substitution should not be done unless a physician prescribes so.
- Can Ovel be consumed safely by pregnant women?
Pregnant women can use Ovel for treatment of infections, but only after discussing with a gynecologist. Some medicines tend to be harmful to the developing fetus, if taken by the mother during pregnancy.
- In which forms can Ovel be consumed?
Ovel is available is the form of tablets which are meant for oral consumption only. The medicine is not to be taken in any other way.