Name: Paragis D 20mg/650mg Tablet
Manufacturer: Aigis Biotec
MRP: Rs. 58.31
Unit Price: Rs. 5.83
Package Price: Rs. 58.31 (Qty.: 10)
Package Form: strip
Medicine Form: tablet
What is Paragis D?
Paragis D is a combination drug used for treatment of fever, pains, inflammation, nausea and vomiting. Since it is available over the counter in pharmacies, it is commonly prescribed by doctors for treatment of inflammatory health disorders.
Composition of Paragis D:
Paragis D is a combination medicine comprising of two drugs viz., Paracetamol (650 mg) and Domperidone (20 mg). Paracetamol has anti-inflammatory property and also helps in controlling fever. Domperidone is useful in treating nausea and vomiting.
What is Paragis D Used for?
Paragis D is a potent anti-inflammatory and anti-emetic drug. It is useful for treating the following health conditions:
- Fever associated with gastrointestinal infections
The medicine should be taken only as per physician's advice and according to the prescription.
Side Effects of Paragis D:
Paragis D is a drug with anti-pyretic, anti-inflammatory and anti-emetic properties. While these effects of the drug help in treating many health conditions, there could be repercussions if the drug is taken in a wrong dosage or when not indicated. Some of the side effects have been listed below:
- Excessive sleepiness all the time
- Itching and rash on the skin
- Allergic reaction to the drug could lead to pruritis, swelling and redness of one or various body parts.
Patients should inform their physician immediately, should any of these side effects occur. Apart from these, there could be other side effects due to the drug too.
Precautions for Paragis D Consumption:
Paragis D is a strong drug and therefore should be consumed with great precaution. Some of the vital factors to be remembered while taking Paragis D are as follows:
- Patients who require to take Paragis D should not consume alcohol till they are on medication.
- Patients who are allergic to Paracetamol or Domperidone should avoid consumption of Paragis D.
- Children suffering from gastrointestinal infections or fever should not be given Paragis D without the advice of a pediatrician.
- Paragis D could cause sleepiness as a side effect, therefore driving is not advisable after consuming this medicine.
- Pregnant women and breast feeding mothers can consume this medicine after consulting with a physician.
- Elderly patients should consume Paragis D with caution. If they develop any side effects, it is important to inform the doctor immediately.
Apart from these, patients may be advised other precautions depending on their general health. It is important to follow every instruction given by the doctor to avoid harmful effects of the drug.
Paragis D Alternatives:
Following are the drugs which have drug composition similar to Paragis D. These medicines can be used as a substitute to Paragis D, but only after consulting with a physician.
- Taldom Tablet
- Peredom Tablet
Paragis D FAQs:
- How is Paragis D tablet consumed?
Paragis D tablet should be consumed whole without crushing it or breaking it. The tablet is swallowed whole with water, and preferably taken after meals.
- Can Paragis D be used to treat morning sickness during pregnancy?
Paragis D should not be consumed by pregnant women for morning sickness unless it is prescribed by a physician or gynecologist.
- In which conditions is Paragis D contraindicated?
Paragis D is generally not advised to be consumed by people suffering from liver or kidney disorders. If the medicine is absolutely required, such patients are closely monitored by a doctor throughout the course of medicine.